Week in Review…(er, in bullet points)
- I really wish people would stop posting sad things about sad events on Facebook. It gives me the sadness.
- I can’t find my VHS (yes, VHS) of Jumanji (best movie ever) to cheer me up (see above).
- There was a note on the door last night that the electricity would be out all AM, so I woke up extra early to make coffee/possibly get in one rerun of The Hills before it was lights out.
- The electricity never went out, I’m exhausted and slightly mortified about my obsession of watching old Hills reruns on MTV.
- I kinda wish I had said something last week (or was it the week before?) when I walked by Lauren Conrad in Santa Monica. But what would I have said? "Hi! I’m 94 years old and watch reruns of The Hills every morning!"…or maybe, “Hi! I don’t usually look this frumpy/like I fell out of the dryer but look, I have a little puppy in my purse, let’s be friends!”…or how about, "I have a degree from UCLA, and a blog that no one reads, can you please hire me to do work things for you, even though I’m older than you and look like a crazy bag lady?!" Hmm, perhaps it’s a good thing I kept my mouth shut and simply walked by. :/
- I don’t know why I keep going to Zara and buying sale things that I don’t need, don’t really like (that much) and can’t really afford.
- I’m currently hiding two SusieCakes cupcakes (er, actually one now) in my dresser. Don’t judge me. :/
- I have a burn mark on my leg (real cute, right?) in the shape of a half moon (from getting too close to a really hot car exhaust pipe cover…ouch!), so I wear this huge band-aid and people stare at it in public like I’m an alien. Sad face. :/